Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The ties that bind

So, I've really been hoping that my boy would arrive in September.  Honestly, there's no real reason why I'd have ever thought he would (aside from the calculated due date), but I guess it's just one of those sappy sentimental things.  I mean September is like the hot-bed of birthday activity in my family... mine, my daddy's, one of my sister's, a former bro-in-law, some cousins, my nephew, my niece, my grandma - just to name the few I can think of right off hand... so it seemed only natural that we'd be able to welcome him into the family this month - kind of give him an in or something ridiculous like that.

However, it seems pretty apparent that he will need no such trapping of family ties...  I am now of the mindset that he will hold out until he's evicted - just like his momma, or at the very least, he'll be hard-headed and hold out until tomorrow just to put a thumb in my eye - again very much like his momma.

Ah well... whatever the case - his birthday will be my new favorite day... plus if he's born in October, he'll be able to share more than a middle name with his granddaddy, so I guess there's a bright side yet.

Incidentally, a guy from Brad's work is banking on Sunday night being it - full moon you know...

No comments: