Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Toothless No More... Well Technically

Even though Coop has been working on his chompers for about 4-5 months now, each check had proved to be quite fruitless.  But that all changed last Saturday.

We had just returned from a nice dinner out at Caney Fork and I was reveling in the nutritional facts (and taste!) for the delicious Ahi Tuna steak I'd eaten when Nana declared our wee man had cut his first two teeth.  I must admit that I scoffed at first.  After all, I've been having to deal with such claims for months now, but she insisted that I must feel them as they were barely visible (so it's difficult to distinguish them from the spit reflections).  I took a deep breath, as I must admit that I ABHOR the very idea of going fishing in his mouth with my finger (perhaps I just find it too invasive?), and washed my hands.  I took another breath and felt the two tiniest little teeth at the bottom front of his mouth.  That is, after Coop opened his little mouth long enough to let me check them - see, I don't like to pry and he doesn't like to be "pryed" with, so it works out well.

Ahhh - after months of waiting, Coop has managed to cut his first two teeth...  YAHOO!

Brad actually attempted to check on them again last night at which point he remarked on how sharp they were.  I can't help but chuckle at the thought that soon we will probably be unable to check for newly cut teeth OR those who attempt to do so will be less one finger, but then again....  I've heard stories of biting babies....  Yikes!

Just have to remember the words of a former coworker...  bite back!

No comments: