I suppose in the meantime I'll go on to explore this question that I was asked about a week ago when Coop and I were out visiting... namely, "can you tell what his personality is like?" Now strange as it might sound, the question sort of threw me for a loop at the time. It's not that I hadn't considered the bits and pieces along the way, but as a whole (and an analysis that I would share with people outside), I hadn't come close. So after some consideration, here's a real answer:
- Easy-going
- Now those of you who have known me for any length of time might marvel at how such a thing could be with any child of mine, as I've sort of had the reputation for being quite the opposite, but I have a very simple answer for you: Brad. Regardless of where the trait might have originated genetically speaking, Coop is pretty well content unless something in particular is bothering him, such as being hungry or having a dirty diaper.
- Observant
- It's not unusual for him to just sit and study people/things. Of course now that he's mobile (I feel pretty bad as I can't tell you exactly what day he got that way as my hubby and I debated on knowing exactly when to call it, but it's been about a month or so ago), he's not limited to sitting and staring, so my eyes are generally pretty busy as he still like to use his mouth to determine certain characteristics and that doesn't necessary bode well for all things.
- Can be pretty sensitive
- When he gets reprimanded for an action (a firm 'no' and an occasional swat at the hand), he makes the most terrified looking face before letting out a pitiful cry. Of course, five seconds later, he's just smiling away and looking for something else to get into... so it always sort of strikes me as an act - even when I consider that he's still trying to get a grasp on emotions and social cues, but whatever...

No comments:
Post a Comment