Monday, May 17, 2010

Simple Things

The sky outside my front window is a beautiful azure blue.  When I happen to catch a glimpse of a cloud, they are of the fluffiest white sort.  Not at all what I had pictured for today, but quite striking as the limbs of our crepe myrtle wave in front of it.

Speaking of crepe myrtles, there was a time when I abhorred the mere mention of them.  I don't know why exactly.  It wasn't that I didn't find them to be pretty when it bloom - I suppose it was just the name.  But now that I live in an area where we can go quite a while without rain, our soil is primarily clay, and the majority of the yard gets blasted with sun all day long...  I've come to really respect these plants.  Add trees and azaleas to that list as well.

It's simple things like that which I love most about my days.  Like the way I feel taller after a little stretching session or how excellent Coop's posture is when he chooses to stay still long enough to sit or how my hubby actually remembered to start working on the front "flower" bed after I requested he do so on Mother's Day.  Things are slower no doubt, but I love them.  For once, I don't feel like I'm rushing to get old.

Now to decide - what spices should I add to Coop's carrots?

No comments: