Friday, May 07, 2010

Yum yum, Gimme some - Nannercado

Yesterday was not the best of days for me.  I woke up at 3AM - unable to go back to sleep and quite a bit of congestion.  I tried not to groan too much when Coop decided to wake up at 6AM for the second day in a row, since I was already up after all.  I'd been staying with my parents while Brad was gone on business, so I headed home somewhere around 7AM.  Once I got home, I became painfully aware of this aching in my lower back.  In fact, there was a point where I wasn't sure I'd be able to get back out of bed after I tried to get a short nap while Coop was down for his yesterday afternoon.  The congestion issue was pretty well dealt with after two go-rounds with a Neti-Pot, but even after a couple of rounds of pain meds, my body still felt like I had the flu.  Felt much better this morning though - even though Brad still sounds rough.  Anyways, all that to bring me to this bit of lighthearted good fun...

As you might have heard, I enjoy making up food for Coop.  I'm not a fanatic about it.  I just like to make what I reasonably can.  The website that I have been consulting pretty much since Coop started solids some 3 months ago is wholesomebabyfood.com.  Well, one of the fruits it had suggested for babies as young as 4 months was Avocados.  I'd sort of been avoiding this one - not completely sure why.  I guess it just seem as if it's something that's good in guacamole dip, but I couldn't fathom eating it on its own, which is weird because all these nutritional guides I've consulted on and off for the past several years had suggested eating them plain as well.  At any rate, he had his first taste of this green fruit last night and it seemed to go over pretty well.  I'd cut the two avocados we had into slices and froze what he didn't eat.  In my review of WBF's info on avocados, I happened upon an interesting flavor combo (my exact words at the time were "that sounds so gross").  Apparently, they have found that bananas mix well with avocados. 

Well, today my curiosity got the better of me, so I decided to try this mixture since I had both pieces of fruit in the freezer.  When mixed with some of the Happy Bellies Multi-Grain Cereal I know I'm just crazy about, this is what this interesting flavor combination looked like:

From NanaCado


Unfortunately, I was unable to capture some pictures WHILE he was eating it, which would prove quite the task indeed, but he really liked it (Yes, I know I probably should have been brave enough to try some myself, but I didn't really think about it until after I'd added the cereal and well...  yeah, too bad Brad wasn't there). I did manage to get some shots of him after the fact - modeling his food and playing with his bowl and spoon - 160 or so to be exact, but I only uploaded a few to the linked Picasa Web Album.

From NanaCado

No comments: