Well, after a month's "deliquency" so to speak, I have returned to give an update and ramble a bit - nothing particularly unusual about that.
First and foremost, Coop's eyes have appeared to clear on their own. We learned this at his appointment on the 15th of June (a business trip for Daddy caused the postponement). The doc went on to say that his eyes appeared to be developing normally and that he didn't appear to need glasses at this time. At any rate, three cheers for no surgery!
Coop has also reached another milestone... his first overnight stay without Momma and Daddy. Brad and I had been invited to a retirement party for two of the nicest people in the department and rather than take a chance of how he might react to a large group of "strangers", we decided we would let Mammaw and Pappaw keep him while we went. Because the party was set to begin at 7 and we weren't sure how long we'd stay (not to mention the fact that we didn't care to rush about anyway), we decided that it might just be better to try letting him spend the night. Knowing that Coop was in trusty hands, we had a wonderful time - shoot even felt like a date. It was just rather nice to fix up and have a "night on the town". It could just be because I'm still working hard to eat healthier and stay on my calorie budget (if you have an iPhone/Touch, I HIGHLY recommend LoseIt!), but I have NEVER tasted such delicious sushi in all my life. According to Mammaw's "report", Coop did very well with the exception of a brief crying fit because he was a bit overtired.
After the whirlwind of excitement that was our June, it was time to celebrate the 4th with family. It was a down-home good time with delicious food, beautiful scenery, and wonderful folks, but there was something that came out in some conversations that was rather troubling to me. Having such a large family, it's almost impossible to work it out so that everyone is able to be at the same place at the same time, so it's nice to hear what's going on with the folks who were unable to join us. However, when the news is delivered in such a way as to make comparisons rather than just straight facts, it can be so hurtful. The sad thing is that this sort of reporting has been around such events for as long as I can remember. Aside from this, the conversations are quite delightful, but being the nut that I am I suppose, I can't shake off these negative blips. It just makes me sad, because I like to think that family isn't supposed to do that, but... I can only control what I do and say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment