Thursday, October 07, 2010

Crash into me

It's official.  The regular season of professional hockey is under way.  Yee haw.  And to think... had it not been for the 2010 Winter Olympics...  I would never had taken to this smashing game.   I mean part of what's so appealing about football for me is how aggressive it can be...  Mind you, I don't like when people get hurt, but I can't deny that I like to see big hits (unless it's against a Manning boy or my team).   Hockey is actually more aggressive than football... more scrappy.  That's appealing to me.  Hockey has also given me an appreciation for video games in the sports genre.  I mean I learned so much just playing NHL 10.  Defenders rock.

The hockey team I follow?  The Nashville Predators.  Looking forward to going to a game or two this season.  Shea Weber and Ryan Suter are awesome - even if Weber DID play for Canada in the Olympics.

In other news, after another 40 degree run this morning... I decided it might be time to get a hold of some Under Armour coldgear tights.  Was a bit surprised by the fact that our local stores didn't seem to think it was important to have much in the way of coldgear stuff (at least yet).  The store I eventually purchased some from had exactly ONE pair of tights that just happened to be the size I'd determined I needed.  On my home, I noticed exactly how small the openings for my feet were...  I kept trying to stretch it between my thumb and middle fingers, and it just didn't want to give an inch.  I began to question my sanity for not taking the associate's offer to let me try them on, but I made up my mind.... no matter how it might cut off my circulation... I was going to fit into these tights.   I envisioned a battle, but what I got was like butter on a hot skillet.  Just that smooth.  Granted they WILL NOT ride up, but I don't think I'll have to worry about them falling down either, so I'll be able to run in the cold with confidence. 

No comments: