Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Old T's and New Adventures

Yesterday, I pulled out an old game day t-shirt which I thought was destined to line the bottom of one of my drawers.  Picture it - Oxford, MS, on November 22, 2003...  the entire campus was charged up for the last home game of Eli Manning's college career, but the stadium was absolutely electric.  We watched one hell of a game, but in the end, the Rebels came up short to the eventual National Champs.  Still have flashbacks....

At any rate, that t-shirt has always reminded me that the Rebels came up short that night when I first experienced the outright hatred Ole Miss and LSU fans have for one another.  Makes me so glad that I passed on the opportunity to first experience it down in Death Valley the year before.

Well desperate times call for desperate measures...  As I prepared to run yesterday morning, I noticed that the temperature outside was down to 38 degrees.  I'd been trying to decide what the cutoff temperature would be, but my mind finally made itself up at that revelation.  I grabbed a super nice pair of Under Armour Coldgear pants that my in-laws had given me for Christmas last year and cinched them up tight.  Then I reached for this game day t-shirt as it is one of two long-sleeve t-shirts I own AND there are fewer LSU fans around these parts than Alabama fans (the other LS T).   The ensemble certainly helped me to keep warm and toasty as Jack Frost nipped at my nose and toes...

Apparently my boy has decided to really go wild.  Today I heard him stir after about 20 minutes into his afternoon nap, but I figured he'd just nod back off to sleep.  Then I heard a thud.  I ran into his room and he was sitting on the floor beside his crib.  I scooped him up and I held him close.  He cried for a few minutes, but after I checked him over pretty good, he appeared to be just fine... even though I was still really upset. 

Then later this afternoon I was tinkering around on my laptop and I vaguely heard him messing around Toby's pen.  I stood up to see what was going on...  and he had crawled into it.  As soon as he got wind that I'd seen him, he rushed out as if nothing had happened. 

Laissez les bons temps rouler?

No comments: