If I had a headline this morning... that's what it would be.
Once again, I was highly motivated to run this morning... As it is Saturday, I didn't have to worry about being up with the sun, but I was quick to brew my coffee and drink my juice this morning. Just for good measure, I threw on my new bold (no doubt glow-in-the-dark) shorts with the full knowledge that there was no way I was gonna color coordinate, but I was good with it... I mean, when you are so super awesome that you can run for the majority of your time outside... you can do things like that. Or at least that was my rationale.
But... my "coach" had other plans.
From the get go of my first run interval (1mn walk/5mn run), I had a good pace going. Not too fast as to make my lungs scream, but fast enough to feel like I wasn't standing still. I kept an eye on my time, even though it was a bit harder to do this morning than usual as instead of locking on the "tracking" screen, it apparently decided to "wake up" to my normal wake-up screen instead (I do wish I could come up with a better way of explaining it, but alas, that's the best I can do). Well I was about 12:30 in and somewhere well past a mile, when I attempted to get the timer/tracking screen to show and I evidentally hit the "home" button one time too many and I was taken to my "home" page. I attempted to go back into the "5K Coach" app to find that it had conveniently paused the timer for me, but I could get it to start my playlist again without ending my run, so I started my music through the iPod app and went back in to the "coach" app. I started my next run interval, only to notice part way through that my distance had been reset at some point even though my time had not. Devastated. Completely devastated. At that point, it was all I could do to walk the rest of my second loop.
I had been so pleased with my time at first only to let some stupid piece of electronic equipment rob me of the joy I was fighting so hard for. Lesson learned.
Now to take on another 35 minutes on the treadmill to make up for that wasted outing....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment