Sunday, September 12, 2010

Takin' a Hike

After a wonderful gator po' boy at Oby's yesterday afternoon and another piece of my super delicious birthday cake (and some SoCola) last night, it seemed only natural that we'd attempt to discover another local trail as we have this idea that we'd like to do some trail running.  While the trail today didn't really lend itself to running exactly, it was SUCH a challenge - especially to my glutes.  For the most part, I really enjoyed the surroundings.  I wasn't taking it at a super aggressive pace, but it's remarkable how a little slithering thing can really light a fire under my feet.  Yes, I saw a small little snake slithering across the path and I found myself ready to run the rest of the way.  Suffice it say - I REALLY hate snakes...   Just hoping that my muscles get plenty of rest tonight so I'll be ready to run/walk my 20 tomorrow morning.

As promised, I will give you the details of my yummy birthday cake....

 

Brad baked a Sugar Free chocolate cake, split it in half. He placed one layer on the bottom and covered it with a layer of Caramel topping. He sprinkled some crumbled Snickers over that and then put down a layer of homemade fat-free caramel ice cream. Then he topped the ice cream layer with the second half of the chocolate cake and put some fat-free cool whip on the top with more crumbled Snickers sprinkled over the top. Absolutely the most delicious ice cream cake I've ever had. While it's definitely more friendly to my waistline than it COULD be, it's definitely not something I need to be eating every day... no matter how much I might like to.

No comments: