Even though I was still in a fair amount of pain/discomfort on Friday, I did manage to complete Ellen Barrett's "Slim Sculpt" and the last segment of the "Ballet Body" workout. When I first started doing the Slim Sculpt workout back in January/February, it really was difficult to go more than about 5 minutes with even my 3 lbs. weights due to the big ranges of motion. However, after several months away from the routine, I was pleasantly surprised to be able to easily handle the whole weight section on Friday. Even brings a smile to my face now...
After some TLC from my mother-in-law for my gimpy toe on Friday night, I headed out to tackle the first long run of this "5K Coach" program with my hubby. I was amazed at how much he motivated me to keep going and to keep pushing my pace. I was quite satisfied with our performance (even though I knew full well that I was holding him back, but he got his all-out sprint in at the end) over the 30 minutes - 1 minute walk, 3 minute run. Later that day, we headed over to see our Rebels play and even though the game didn't turn out the way we would have liked, we still felt a good bit of satisfaction for keeping up our pace on the way back to the car - and even sprinting back to the car once we reached the mall parking lot.
On Sunday, we decided to check out a local trail with the intention of running a bit on it, but my toe really wasn't feeling up to that sort of a challenge - especially about a half mile down the trail when we were essentially running in water. We had a moderate sort of pace, but evidentally it was effective because shortly after our run this morning (20 minutes - 1 min walk, 5 min run), my glutes were definitely feeling it. In fact, they are STILL feeling it, so hopefully all will go well with my cross-training tomorrow.
As sort of a side note, I've had my new shoes since last Thursday, but was afraid to break them in this weekend with the toe. Looking forward to trying them out on Thursday if not before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment